Monday, January 22, 2007

I broke it already!?!

Here it is, only the middle of January, and I have (almost) already broken my New Year's Resolution! I forgot a few of the silly little knit stuff I did. My son reminded me and I was able to get them photographed so I guess I haven't really broken it, just came real close! Here they are:

The other day, I was looking through some of my stash to see what colors I had available to donate for the charity baby blankets one of my knitting groups is making and thought I should whip something up for little Michael's 1 month Birthday. I decided on this, Bunny blanket buddy, in Lion cotton. It knitted up so quickly (and my kitten just loved it) I decided to knit one up for him as well (in Homespun). The light blue with eyes, nose and mouth are for the baby and the dark one without a face is for the cat, didn't think he would care and I was right.




These were my first completed knits of the year. My son received a new camera for his Birthday this year (he's a new years baby) and he asked me to knit him a cover for it. I decided it was to small to knit a gauge swatch for (it is a gauge swatch!) and it turned out to be a little too big. I gave that one to my younger son for his Ipod and made another smaller one for the camera. The yarn is left over Lana Grossa sock yarn. They love them and they use them, which is very nice. Just so long as they don't ask me to knit ones to match all of their socks.

I also knitted some quick gifts for the upcoming February birthdays. I have a rather large family and we celebrate everyone's Birthday, which can get quite expensive, so we have put a $5 limit on gifts for the adults. It can be difficult to think of a gift for $5, but this is what I came up with, coffee cup cozies (made from left over sock yarn) with a $5 Starbucks gift card tucked inside. They are cute and fast and really didn't cost anything because they were left over. Hope they like them. My husband thinks they are kinda weird, but then again, he thinks that I should just use all the left over sock yarn to make a pair of socks. When I run out of one yarn, just start another one, "they are all stripey anyway, this just makes more stripes." I sometimes wonder if he is color blind. Maybe it is just his love for hand knit socks.


I have also finished those wonderful Alpaca socks but they are upstairs and I am not, so I will get pics. of them soon.

1 comment:

sarah lou said...

those are too cute!! might have to do a couple as stash busters!! good luck with your resolution. i forget more often than not. clicked over from get stitchy! welcome!