Saturday, January 27, 2007

These are some HOT socks!

My son gave me this wonderful Classic Elite Inca Alpaca yarn for Christmas and asked me to make him socks with it. I told him the socks would be VERY warm and maybe he would like something else. No, he wanted socks, incredibly soft socks! So, I made the first sock. It was warm, very warm. He tried it on and thought about what he might like instead of socks. He thought and thought and still wanted the socks! I made the second sock. He tried on the pair and they were warm, no, they were HOT socks. He did consider the idea of leaving the toes open for ventilation but then decided that would be too weird. He now has the socks and loves them, but they will probably only be used when his feet are REALLY COLD!


One of the knitting groups that I attend has decided to make baby blankets for charity. We are each going to knit 12 squares and I think we will end up with 12 blankets that we have each contributed squares to. I am not much for finishing (sewing seams and all) so, as far as I am concerned, these are finished for me. Maybe I can knit a few extra squares so I don't feel guilty for not wanting to help with the sewing. If I really felt like seaming up some knitting, I have a basket full of sweaters that only need to be put together. I would just rather keep knitting.

1 comment:

Web admin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.