Monday, June 25, 2007

It not ALL about socks


I got distracted by the June Rockin' Sock Club shipment and forgot to post about these little sweeties.

First up
Pattern: Lutea Lace-Shoulder Shell by Angela Hahn in Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: Cotton (this yarn has been in my stash for over 10 years!)
Needles: US #5 Crystal Palace circ.

This pattern does have corrections (but there is an error in the correction - left-back shoulder Row 1 should begin K2). This was a super fast knit and it's worked in the round so there is almost no seaming. I knit it up following the pattern and wasn't happy with how wide the shoulders were on me. So, I ripped them back and decreased a few sts. on each side and it fits perfect. I love it.

Next, this is totally Alyssa's fault. She knit up this great little baby sweater and baby knitting is so contagious! It really is a great pattern. It's simple and quick and best of all, it is knit top down in one piece. No seams at all.
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-ease
Needles: US #4 circ.
Now I just need someone to have a baby so I can give it to them.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

It is all about socks, but it's nice to see other things too. :) hehe

Your Lutea is so pretty. I'm definitely going to have to knit one for myself. And I love the baby cardi. So cute!