Tuesday, February 6, 2007

5 Things about me

Nothing really finished in the last few days. I did complete two socks, not a pair, just two different socks. The clapotis is coming along nicely, it should easily be done before the end of February. I have also narrowed down my piles of UFO's. I became suddenly overwhelmed by them yesterday and spent the entire day reorganizing and frogging things! The reclaimed yarn is washed and hanging to dry and I have only a handful of UFO's to worry about! I also gathered up most of the wayward balls of yarn that have been scattered around my house. I still have one knitting basket in my bedroom to clean up and the guest room. The guest room is a big job, that will probably have to wait until March!

Now that everything is all neat and tidy, I have plenty of room for more yarn! Since a post without pictures is kinda boring, let me show you what I got in January. (I didn't go crazy, remember this was before I cleaned everything up).



I needed a set of #3 dpns so I ran over to The Keweenaw Shepherd (no link, sorry) but Mary didn't have any #3's. She did however have some wonderful yarn to taunt me with. I ended up with the Schaefer Yarn's Anne and a set of Crystal Palace #4 dpns. No, the #4's are not for this yarn, I planned to buy needles, so I did.









I happened to be in Kenosha, Wi. and decided to check out Fiddlehead Yarns, I still needed those #3's. They had them, they also had this nice blue Austermann Step and Dale Baby Ull that matched too perfectly to pass up and this green SISU that perfectly matched a pair of socks I had in my bag and was just rows away from knitting the heel.



This is Blue, he wanted to pose with the blue yarn.








Finally, on a recent ski trip (I don't ski, I knit) I checked out the local yarn shops.
I found a great one, Lakeside Fibers. They have a large store, with lots of yarn, for every taste.
I was in there a long time and I can't believe this is all I left with, Classic Elite - Inca Alpaca in Blue Danube (2) & Inca Marl in Great Lake, Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Juniper and Interlacements Tiny Toes in Woodland. They also have a coffee shop in the back of the store, so cozy! I know I will be stopping there again.



Last, but not least, thanks to Alyssa, here are 5 things you might not know about me:

1. I eat cereal before bed, usually Apple Jacks.

2. I don't count sheep when I have trouble falling asleep, I count stitches. It works, try it, and if it doesn't, at least you'll have that pattern memorized.

3. I always have M&M's in my house, color coordinated for that month's holiday. The Blue & Orange are gone, but not forgotten. Now we have pink, red and white. If I am careful and only eat the pink ones, I can just throw in some blue and be ready for President's day.

4. I can't throw things away. I keep thinking there must be someone, somewhere that can use it. I might run into them one day.

5. I usually drive barefoot, even in winter. This is legal, I actually asked a police officer. Speeding, on the other hand, is not.


Have a great day, enjoy the snow & stay warm.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I love the 5 things, especially the Apple Jacks and driving barefoot (even in winter!) Love the Schaefer yarn, I'm a sucker for those colors named after historic women; I bought one named for some opera singer. What are you going to do with the Alpaca Marl, I have two skeins, one blue and one red & I'm not sure what to do with them.

Pat said...

Driving barefoot? It's below zero, girlfriend!!! You forgot something on your "things list". You are the Sockster Queen of our knitting group.

Alyssa said...

Blue is a cutie!
Love the 5 things and all the pretty yarn. :)

Lynae said...

Drin!

Good to see you blogging!

Chicago Jen said...

Adrienne,
My Dad's dog is named Blue, too!! She's a realy sweetie, kind of a Shepherd/Sheltie mix. How unususal to find TWO dogs named Blue! His dog he rescued from the people in the aparment downstairs from him who kept her crated ALL THE TIME. They called her Cry-Baby-Blue because she was always crying. He went to visit and said to them: "You don't deserve to keep this dog." and he took her home. They let him. He's lucky they didn't call the cops, but then he's lucky that way. They've been in love ever since.